DE-3774 Polymer Engineer
KeywordsChemical Industry, Polymers, Munich, Germany, Single-use Food Service Packaging
ClientOur client is a leading US / international manufacturer of single-use food service packaging who, due to their business growth in Europe, is increasing their staff in their facilities in Munich, Germany.
- Size, specify and procure unit operations equipment such as pumps, heat exchanges, blowers, condensers, cooling towers, boilers, storage tanks, pressure vessels, silos, airvey systems, compressors and reactors.
- Perform process calculations.
- Design, specify and procure piping systems including valves and fittings.
- Conduct research to determine alternatives to improve existing technology, including but not limited to, patent searches, plant visits, discussions with consultants, pilot plant work and basic engineering calculations and application of scientific principles.
- Perform site layouts, equipment layouts, pipe runs and stress analysis.
- Provide project reporting, including associated project hours worked, costs incurred, requested justifications and incremental progress updates, for assigned projects.
- Assist with standards for compliance issues regarding new construction and existing processes.
- Lead process hazard analysis for smaller processes. Determine need for and perform or oversee lab or pilot plant work to obtain physical property or process data.
- Degree in chemical engineering or related field.
- Broad experience in all the formerly exposed tasks.
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Availability to travel up to 30% of the time domestically and internationally.
- Excellent level in German and English.